Saturday, November 05, 2011

Saturday SEC

After watching grandkids last night, Milady and I settled in with the two youngest and one step-granchild. I woke the step-grand at four a.m. and we went to the deer stand, where we ate sausage biscuits and drank cocoa on the deer stand, but no joy on the deer. A fog rolled in at daylight and I couldn't see a thing. The deer could have been doing the hoogy-boogy on my pipeline and I wouldn't have known it. Such is the thrill of hunting in the Louisiana swamps. At about 9:00 we climbed down and I taught him to drive the Mule.

Got home and helped Milady with the young'uns until their parents picked them up about noon. Then we felt the quiet of the house and fell into bed for a well-deserved nap. Met some friends for supper and now we're home to watch the biggest game of the SEC regular season. LSU vs Alabama. As I'm posting from Louisiana, you know where my loyalty lies. Milady is an LSU grad, but her family hails from Tuscaloosa.

2 comments:

MSgt B said...

Damn....LSU? Really?

Helluva game.

Rivrdog said...

Helluva game. Settled the argument of what is more important to a Championship team, offense or defense?

Your only offense can be the boot on the kicker's foot, but only if the defense can stop the other team. It is rare to see a game where BOTH teams had such great defenses, but that was the case last night.

The best team won, just like it did on September 4th...