Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Proper Response

So, if you haven't been following the scandal at Penn State, the one that sank Joe Paterno's career, the link is a good place to start. Let me say for the record that this isn't a child abuse scandal, this is a child rape scandal and anyone that tells you different is full of crap.

So, I talked to my coaches today and told them that this is a great learning experience, that we could all learn from Joe Pat's mistakes. "Listen up," I told them in my best old-cop voice. "If you ever come in to the locker room and find someone raping one of the kids, the only proper response is to call the police. Immediately. Pick up the phone, dial 911, and get the police here.

"If I get here the next day and find out that you didn't call 911, I'm going to personally arrest you for Accessory. Take your sorry ass to jail. Got it? Good. Class dismissed."

2 comments:

Bob@thenest said...

I'd expect, and hope, your local school doesn't have the "protect the school" mentality that seems to exist at universities, particularly those with high-income football programs.

Good to hear of your educational session -- with any luck there are hundreds, if not thousands, of those going on this week all over the country.

RandyGC said...

Is it OK if I at least hope the SOB does something to "put me in fear of my life or the life of another"?