Saturday, November 12, 2011

At the lease

I got home last night at about 11:30 and by the time I lay down, it was midnight. I slept quickly and got up at 4:00, headed to the lease with a grandkid in tow. After sitting in the stand without success, we decided to do some scouting. I wanted to look at a drainage to see about deer sign. If deer like thickets, they'd love this place. I'm just going to have to figure them out.


Grandson Ethan in that thicket. After we had scouted it, my cell phone rang and my brother-in-law asked me to come up to the camp and help him cook.


What were we cooking? Barely edible stuff, like fried white perch filets, french fries, corn on the cob, hush puppies, stuff like that. I don't know why I bother with these people. They don't know how to eat.


We scratched little dogs. And sat on the back of pickup trucks and told lies.


Now, I think I'm going to get a shower.

No comments: