Thursday, November 10, 2011

Raising Grandkids

The grankids are over here often enough that I can make sure they are properly entertained. The other day, my second son and his little one were standing in the front yard and I took little-bit and put him in the bed of the pickup. He though that was the coolest thing ever. He could crawl around, pull up on the sides, play peekaboo, and generally amuse himself while Dad and I leaned on the side of the truck and talked.


My son noticed the fun the kid was having, and reflected that maybe he should clean out the bed of his pickup. After looking in the back of his truck, I concur.

1 comment:

Gerry N. said...

It is well documented that the box of the standard half or three quarter ton American Pickup is specifically designed to contain a half case of empty beer bottles, two empty Copenhagen tins a dull ax, a busted shovel a flat tire and four feet of half rotted rope. A mismatched set of rusty and broken tire chains and two or three empty .30-06 or .30-30 casings may or may not be under the flat tire depending on the region of the Country you're in.

If you don't believe me, look in any pickup in any Wal-Mart parking lot.