Thursday, November 24, 2011

Family Thanksgiving

We're back from the family Thanksgiving celebration, culminating in the annual skeet shoot in the pasture. Those kids shot two boxes of clay pigeons, 90 targets each, and I finally had to call cease fire because we were out of targets. Then, we moved downrange to the 25 yard line and did some pistol shooting near the berm. Everyone who had a pistol took it to the line and made it available to the general assemblage. We had just about every caliber from .22LR to .44 magnum and everyone who wanted to try them out got the opportunity. Sigs, Smiths, Rugers, Charter Arms, you name it, we shot it.Crimson Trace, single action, double action, revolvers and semiautos, we made them all bark.

My newest daughter in law had a tee-shirt made for the occasion. She's a graphic artist and makes Tees for a living, and this is the design that she devised. You can click on it to embiggen it.


Before the shoot I had walked to the back of the property and checked my game camera. I've got a deer stand on the land and a feeder set to feed at 4:30 p.m. Looks like it's getting a little business.


I'll tell my nephew to go sit on the stand tomorrow at 4:00 and stay there till dark. He might meet that little doe.

All in all, it was a very good day.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Great shirt! :-)