Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Springs

 Cowboy shooters, whether SASS, or CFDA, or XFDA or any of the other shooting sports are hard on their guns. The sheer number of cycles we put those guns through causes parts to wear out and springs to sag.

My favorite gun is a Uberti clone of the Colt SAA. Recently, it was over-rotating when I'd snap the hammer back.  The bolt wasn't coming up fast enough to catch the locking groove in the bolt. We have a championship shoot in Florida next week, so I took the gun apart and inspected the bolt/sear spring.  Sure enough, it was weak.  A quick review of the parts kit showed me that I had one left, so I installed it.

As soon as the gun was back together and checked, I logged on to Brownell;s.


I'll get a half-dozen of these on the say.  I've also ordered from Taylors and Co, a complete screw set for those guns.  And, I'll have at least one spare revolver in the gun bag.  I never go to a shoot with one gun.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, one is none and two is one.