Monday, January 29, 2024

Choices

Political pressure is building on Joe Biden.  He has choices to make, and many of them are no good.  Immigration is the biggest domestic concern, and so far Biden's choice has been to open the border and ignore the 6~10 million souls who have flowed life water across our southern border.

Someone is going to have to deal with the very real problems that Biden and crew have foisted upon us.  Come the reckoning, it will not prove palatable for the liberal masses.  The vast majority of these people simply need to return from whence they came.

The United States may be able to absorb some of these folks, the majority I'm sure who are simply looking for a better life.  But, among the sheep there are surely wolves, and will have to be dealt with. Along with the stray dogs and the coyotes.  It's a helluva mess and Biden's fault.

He may have sometime to ponder the migrant mess, but the Houthis are another matter entirely.  These idiots are trying to destabilize commercial shipping in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden.  We must remind ourselves that commercial shipping is a civil target.  The merchants are simply trying to earn a living.  A proportional response from the US would not be to strike the Houthis, but to target  the civil population as well.  We must be clear that we didn't start it, but we'll damn sure end it. I don't think our feckless president has the stomach for solving problems.

The world is awash in the myriad problems that Joe Biden has allowed to fester until they are monumental.  We should remember that when he is gone and make his legacy one of shame, dishonor and corruption.  He should be remembered on the world stage in the same category as Pol Pot, Stalin, and Mao. Or maybe Noriega.

Regardless of the worlds problems, I still have mine, one of which is lunch. I predict a crawfish bisque in my immediate future, and perhaps I should see to that.  

2 comments:

juvat said...

There have been some crappy President's in the past, but I never thought I'd live to see the crappiest.
Apparently I was wrong.
juvat

Anonymous said...

I thought that I had seen the worst in Carter, then ODammit came and said "hold my beer and watch me set race relations back 70 years, and gut our economy, manufacturing, and military.
When we elected Trump, I thought we had hope again, but the Deep State / Uniparty stopped Trump from getting any staff to actually support his policies or to pass any legislation that he wanted.
Then we had the Resident imposed on us.
I no longer ask how much worse it can get. I know that shortly, I will find out.
I don't know what the spark will be, or when, but the tinder will be / is the loss of hope for a remedy to the present Left / Uni / totalitarian insanity.
John in Indy