Saturday, November 03, 2018

Spirit of Northwestern

We traveled to Natchitoches, LA today to watch a high school bad competition.  Grandson Zach was marching with his high school band,   Northwestern is my alma mater, ad another grandson, Michael is a drum major in the Northwestern band and I wanted to see him on the field.

He's a great kid, and we're very proud of him.  Frugal, a great student, and he loves music with all of his heart.    He'll graduate with a  bachelor's in May, and we might never get to see him on this particular field again.  This afternoon was a bittersweet moment for Beel and I, and we thoroughly enjoyed our day in Natchitoches.

The finale of the competition was the college band taking the field, and our grandson was directing the  band. 



I'm so proud I could pop.

1 comment:

Jerry The Geek said...

Oh, I do so love a great Marching Band!