Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Portable Range

Nearly a year ago, I talked about a portable range that I was setting up.  The project got to about 90% completion and ground to a halt.  I needed better backstop material and I really didn't have an immediate use for it.

This week, that all changed.  I found the backstop material and I need two targets to introduce people to Cowboy Fast Draw, so this afternoon, I finished it.

It sets up really quick, with tarps and bungee-cords.


We're using the small CFDA targets, mainly because the trailer length is exactly right for the smaller targets.


The targets will be a lot more visible once we set up on Saturday morning.  We'll coat them with white lithium grease so that we can see the bullet impact.

The fist organizational meeting and shooting instruction is at 10:00 a.m, this Saturday, May 27th.  The church is the Cross Branded Cowboy Church, 6906 Highway 28 East, Pineville, LA.

Belle and I are excited about starting this new club.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That came out well! Looking forward to the AAR on it!