Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Ideal Conceal Pocket Gun

I note that a small company in Minnesota is making a pocket gun that folds up to impersonate a cell phone.  They call it the Ideal Conceal pocket gun.

From all accounts, it's a two-shot, .380 caliber derringer, which is better than nothing, I suppose.

From the website:
That’s where Ideal Conceal comes in. Smartphones are EVERYWHERE, so your new pistol will easily blend in with today’s environment.  In its locked position it will be virtually undetectable because it hides in plain sight.
It's an interesting idea, and I hope they sell them by the boxcar load.  For myself, I'll probably stick with the J-frame I carry in my pocket, but I can see that this might have a certain appeal to some folks.  It's certain to cause PSH (pants shitting hysteria) among the liberals in big cities.

Cell phones and other devices are ubiquitous in today's society and seeing someone with a device lipped to their belt is very common.  It's a very good idea if your concept of self-defense is two rounds of .380.  With a list price of $395.00, the actual retail will probably be a bit lower, and the little gun is certainly inventive.  It hides in plain sight, taking advantage of current societal mores.

Let Freedom Ring.

5 comments:

Jonathan H said...

It looks like a neat idea, but I do wonder about a couple of things:
- This gun is designed to look like a cell phone; will it fall under the NFA or will they be able to get ATF approval as a non-NFA weapon?
- So far all of the images shown are computer generated - does a prototype exist yet, and if not how likely is it to actually be made and ship? I have heard this company and its product mentioned several times, but have never heard of anybody having hands on with it or seen a prototype.

Old NFO said...

PSH is right...LOL

Ryan said...

My little Ruger LCP vanishes in a front pocket. It holds 6+1 of .380. Just saying.

Mogrith said...

Would having this clipped on my belt be open or concealed carry?

There are places where open carry is legal but the PSH types freak and call the police.

Retired Spook said...

Wouldn't be my first choice for a carry gun, but it beats needing a gun and not having one. Now, if they'd make one in .45 ACP, I'd probably buy two, just because!