Saturday, January 14, 2012

Becky

Back when I met Milady, we were both exploring the internet and learning about online problems that might crop up, not the least of which is privacy. We found each other on Yahoo! Personals and she used an alias in her online persona to try to keep the creeps out of her life. Evidently it didn't work out well for her, because she got me in her life and she'd be much better off if she had come to her senses and run me up the road.

Lots of folks use aliases online. My alias is PawPaw, and several times over the years people have come to me and asked if I were PawPaw from PawPaw's House. Yup, that's me.

Last week, we got a letter from AARP, trying to sell Milady some insurance. Only thing is that it came addressed to her internet persona. We laughed and laughed, because I don't believe that Becky is going to buy any insurance.


They even got the address right, which has been redacted in this photo, but which in itself is not a huge secret. I guess that Yahoo! has sold their mailing list to AARP, but how they connected the name with the address still has me scratching my head.

It's all for naught, 'cause Becky ain't buying any insurance. If they'd send us a voter registration card, we might be able to use that.

1 comment:

Rivrdog said...

Assuming that voter registration card came from AARP, it STILL won't do you any good, PawPaw, because all such that do not show "Democrat" on them are probably shredded when they get back to AARP.