Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blessed Rain

The day began dark with overcast. As the sun rose, the sky was yellow and the wind began to pick up. The rain started in earnest at about 9:00 and has been steady since. It's coming down in buckets and I've pretty much shut down the days activities. I managed to get the one onerous job done before the rain started and right now I'm listening to thunder and surfing the web.

Most of this will run off, but the ground is getting a well-deserved drink of water. The dog is cowering under my chair, scared to death of all the commotion outside.

As far as I'm concerned it can continue like this all day. I've got red beans and sausage in the slow cooker, and sandwich fixings in the fridge. I'll continue to comfort the dog and watch the rain.

2 comments:

Termite said...

Praise the Lord.

But I'm afraid it's too late for my garden.

Old NFO said...

Rain is good, and a good time to 'take a day off'... so to speak :-)