Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Election results

Whoo! Damn! Whatta ride.

It looks like PawPaw was on the losing end of the elections tonight. Mary Landrieu retained her seat, Barack Obama is the President-elect. I couldn't even call the judgeship races. It seems that conservatism has taken a hard hit.

But, that's the nature of elections.

So, let's turn now to selected excerpts from Obama's speech.
Let us resist the temptation to fall back on the same partisanship and pettiness and immaturity that has poisoned our politics for so long.
I'll give you the same respect and consideration that you've been giving to President Bush.
Let us remember that it was a man from this state who first carried the banner of the Republican Party to the White House--a party founded on the values of self-reliance, individual liberty, and national unity.
Good jab! Invoking Lincoln to remind the party how far we've lost our founding principles. My party has to remember the founding principles and run the RINOs off. I'd rather lose with character than flirt with compromising our principles.

And finally..
And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn-- I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your president too.
You've never heard my voice. My voice is one of individual freedom, smaller government, and personal responsibility. Yes, you will be my president and I will be the opposition. You will not get my help. More importantly, with a Democratic President, and a Democratic Congress, you are in charge. Everything that happens for the next four years is your fault. Yours alone, yours personally.

I will give you the same respect that you gave George Bush.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Well said! I was really hoping Landrieu would lose, she is as big a sleazebag as her Daddy Moon was... And I agree with the amount of respect. I'll honor the office, but I don't have to honor the man behind the desk...

Anonymous said...

D,

I think a nice long motorcycle ride would be excellent therapy. After all, one never sees a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office......

Termite

Anonymous said...

"I will give you the same respect that you gave George Bush."

PawPaw,
I don't believe for one minute that you (or I) could ever be as disrespectful of ANY President as the libs have been of GW.