Friday, September 01, 2006

Mentoring

Ben said, in comments:
I shoot a 257 roberts and have often thought of reloading for it, the Fedral round is so accurate and good never got around to it. I think a reloader needs a mentor also and never had one.
I had a rifle like that once. A Remington Model 7, in 7mm-08. It shot the factory bullets with amazing accuracy, so much so that I never reloaded for it. A couple of boxes a year was all I needed and just never saw the reason to reload for that particular rifle.

But you're right that a reloader should have a mentor. With the ease of communication we have with the internet, there is no reason why the mentor has to be in the same room.

Ben, if you decide you want to start reloading and don't know anyone close by, contact me. I'd be happy to mentor you long-distance or help find someone closer that would look over your shoulder and show you the basics. Reloading is really easy with just a few basic tools and once you begin, you'll wonder why you waited so long.

Let me know if I can help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PapPaw, thank you that was nice. I may take you up on that offer one of these days. I don't have the need to right now and to much going on to start something new.

I am glad your wife got that treated and is ok.

thanks again
ben

Janean said...

Had to post a comment on this blog!
PawPaw is right...I'm a girl and used to reload all my own stuff. If I can do it, YOU can do it, Fer shure!!
One word of caution (and yes, I learned this the hard way) be careful to NEVER drop your bullet mold into the hotpot!
I never did get the mess all cleaned up. ;P