Thursday, September 14, 2006

This idiot

This idiot thinks we need to repeal the Second Amendment.
You got it - the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Frankly, folks, I'm tired of it. We debate it all the time and get nowhere, so I say let's just remove it all together.

But no. In America, if you question the Constitution or the founders, you might as well be questioning your own status as an American citizen. The founders are treated like prophets and the Constitution like the Bible. I am so tired of it! People throw quotes from Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin into political debates with me all the time, and I want to hit them in the face.
Frankly, it doesn't sound like he's enthralled with the First Amendment either, you know, Free Speech and all. He wants to punch people in the face. I'm a 53 year old PawPaw, and one of the reasons I carry a gun is because some young punk might want to hit me in the face.

Frankly, folks like me worry about folks like him. He is awash in violence, with fantasy tendencies about punching people. It's sad, really, that folks like him get published. But, it gets better.
Let's repeal the Second Amendment and start over with new gun laws that actually make sense. Hunters should be able to hunt, and policemen should be able to protect our communities, but there are not many other reasons for people to have guns. Wouldn't it be great to appeal one ridiculous amendment and save thousands of lives? I sure think so, and I bet if those Founding Fathers whose words we defend were alive today, they would agree.
Here, he just shows his ignorance. The Second Amendment isn't about hunting, or police protection. Any student with a high school education knows that (or should know it, based on readily available research).

No, the Second Amendment is about tyranny. It is the threat of the Second Amendment that guarantees the First Amendment. Mr. Kellerman is simply upset that his thesis is flawed, and that his arguments gain no traction. That is precisely why the Second Amendment exists, so that he can rant and rave about things he doesn't like.

I defend the right of Mr. Kellerman to rant at his leisure. I reserve the right to laugh at his poorly constructed arguments. I think the Founding Fathers would agree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They say an armed society is a polite society. After passage of the current concealed carry law in Texas the crime rate for most victim crimes went down as I recall. I sure agree with you.

Anonymous said...

"Any student with a high school education knows that"

You went to high school a long time ago. So did I, but I don't remember any teacher saying anything about the Second Amendment. Course, that was in California.