Thursday, March 16, 2017

The #1.

Every fast-food restaurant has a #1.  It's generally their signature meal=deal.  Buger King's #1 is a Whopper, fries, and a coke.  You get the idea.

I eat a lot of #1 meals.  I can't leave the office for lunch, and I have several kind folks who, when they're running out for lunch, ask if they can bring me something.  "A #1", I reply as I hand them some cash.  It doesn't matter much what restaurant, they've always got a #1 on the menu board.

While thinking about this topic this morning, I see that fast-food giant McDonalds is in the news. It seems that for reasons totally their own, they decided to gratuitously insult the President.


Heh!  Small hands, huh?  That's pretty much uncalled for, and McD's executive suite might take a moment and look at the idiot running their Twitter account.  That account, by the way, was almost immediately hacked.  I'm sure that's a coincidence.

I don't see anyone calling for a boycott.  Too many local jobs at stake to worry about something like that, and I'd rather eat at Burger King anyway.  But, you'd think that the Twitter executive at McD's would have better things to do than just gratuitously insult elected officials for no good reason.

It's probably time to find that person a real job.  Like running the fry rack at one of the local restaurants.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first saw that, my immediate thought was that McD's had just joined Mall-Wart, Target, K-Mart, & others in the lengthening list of places I will not visit. I'm wondering now if this may not be a hack from outside. Could McD's be stupid enough to alienate that many people? Can they really think themselves sufficiently necessary to folks' lives ('cause I know people who almost live on that stuff) that they could get away with it?
I don't know yet. I don't go there that often anyhow, but I like their $1-any-size tea. Reserving judgement for the present.
--Tennessee Budd

Anonymous said...

They don't care, they make their bucks in urban areas which vote overwhelmingly D. This will make people stop complaining about McD's forcing poor black folks to eat their unhealthy food because it's cheaper to grab a Big Mac soda and fries than to buy groceries.

Mark D

Jonathan H said...

I've heard elsewhere (unconfirmed) that somebody in their HQ that shouldn't have access got it.
Their president has said he wants to be a 'progressive' company and support things I disagree with, so when I have a choice I'll go elsewhere - unfortunately, sometimes I don't have a choice. I eat fast food rarely enough that my dollars won't have much impact. I already won't eat at the McD's closest to me because they have had service and poor food.