Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Jingles

I walked into McDonalds last night, after a long, long day  Ordered a Big Mac and fries, paid the gal, then moved over to the pickup window.

Three college boys came in, griping about being thrown out of Hardee's, down the road.    They got there just at closing time, and couldn't be served.  So, one guy asks what is on a Big Mac.

Bone-dog tired, I remembered the jingle..  "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun."

The girl at the counter looked up.  "Wow.  That's exactly what is on a Big Mac."

The college kids looked at me.  "Did you ever work at McDonald's?"

"No", I replied, "I worked at Buger King, but I still remember the Big Mac jingle."

And, courtesy of YouTube, here it is.  Evidently, that was a 1974 ad campaign.



Heh!  The things we remember, sometimes.


3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Heh... Amazing what resides in the old hind brain... :-)

kamas716 said...

That jingle still goes through my mind. I was toddler when it came out. That they don't know of it makes me feel old. Really old.

Anonymous said...

You left out the cheese.
"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun."