Monday, September 10, 2012

A National Embarrasment

A National Embarrasment.  That's what the Chicago Tribune headline says about the teacher's strike.
The religious leaders were critical of the political turn the negotiations took. "It's a national embarrassment in the middle of a national campaign," said Hatch.
I know how I'd deal with the strike. I'd give the striking teaches till tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. to return to the classroom or be fired. No questions asked, no quarter given. This is what unions are good for. They're arguably the highest paid teachers in the nation and they go out on strike. Fire 'em all. Break the union and pay them at the lowest levels in the nation.

 Mayor Rahm won't break the union, though. He's a Godless Democrat and he needs union support to stay elected. The deal he made with the devil of organized labor to get elected is getting repaid today. It's the Chicago Way.

The picture that's being posted on Drudge, and other places is telling of the Chicago Teacher's Union.

They look like they need a raise, don't they?  What they need is several years unemployed, fired for cause.  Plus, the blog comment of the day “The teachers are upset because they must be (gasp!) evaluated on their work. The parents are upset, not because their kids’ educations are impacted, but because they don’t have a place to drop off their kid. The only people cited as having any concerns whatsoever about education were 16 and 17 year old students.”

Hell, I get evaluated on my work every day.  I haven't had a raise in four years. I'd fire the whole bunch, and offer them about $30.000 per year.  I'd make them the lowest paid teachers in the nation and tell them if they didn't like it, to carry their collective asses.

2 comments:

Gerry N. said...

Like Instapundit says: "What can't go on, won't." Chicago is nearly broke, where's all that money going to come from? The taxpayers are or should be about at the end of their tether and ready to revolt. If I was a business owner or a taxpayer in Chicago, I'd be getting rid of anything I couldn't carry and bailing the hell out.

Titan Mk6B said...

I think I would offer them a diet plan and anger management classes.