Monday, October 27, 2008

Pinata

A year or so ago, someone killed a little 4 point buck on the lease and brought it to the deer camp to dress. They tied it in a tree and dressed the deer, and somehow, someway, the head was left swinging in the tree. It's rather bizarre to drive up and see a deer head swinging from a limb. It's a redneck thing, I guess.

A couple of weeks ago, I took two of my grandsons to the lease. Michael, age 11, and Zachary, age 6. After servicing feeders we went to the camp for lunch. We found Bobby, the lease treasurer and I talked to Bobby while the boys ate sandwiches. I had a bag of chocolate bars for the boys after the meal. Zachary found a stick on the ground and was playing with the stick, whacking various things while I talked to Bobby.

Zach spotted the deer head. "Look, a pinata." He went over with his stick and began whaling on the deer head.

I winked at Bobby and opened the bag of chocolate, taking out a Snicker's bar. I tossed it toward Zach, and it fell in the dust at his feet. "Look, Zach! A candy bar."

Zachary looked at the candy bar, then up at the deer head, and commenced to whaling on it with a new fury.

I thought Bobby was going to fall out of his chair. I really should be ashamed of myself.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Oh man, that is too funny... Wanna bet everytime he sees a deer in the future, he's gonna pound on it?

be603 said...

ROFL!

erica said...

you can't make stuff like that up...priceless!!