Wednesday, October 01, 2008

My Senators

I just called both my Senators, David Vitter and Mary Landrieu, concerning the bailout bill. I talked to a nice staffer in Vitter's office who told me that Senator Vitter has come out against the bill and will be voting against it.

When I called Senator Landrieu's office, no one was available to answer the phone. I had to leave a message. I told her that I am a constituent and asked her to vote against the bill.

Mary is running for re-election and I get to vote for or against her soon. When I called her office, no one was available to pick up the phone. This on an afternoon in which a very important roll-call vote is about to be called.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I called both of them earlier to urge them to vote against the bailout and I got a very nice gentleman on the phone for Sen. Landrieu's office. He wanted to know if I supported any type of bailout at all or if I disagreed with the current plan (I don't, I told him I believe in the free market). I called Sen. Vitter's office to register the same "don't vote" opinion. Joey called them both this afternoon and Vitter's office asked if "his daughter had urged him to call about the issue or did he have an opinion?" Joey responded "No, that was my wife, and I don't support the bailout either."

Anonymous said...

I still can't get through to my rep. Email has been down all day (I resubmitted it at least 100 times during the day and tonight) and could not get through by phone. Not that it will matter since she's in Pelosi's pocket.