Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fort Dix

For a few weeks in the late 1970s I was TDY at Fort Dix, New Jersey. Fort Dix was at that time a basic training center and troop movement post. Adjacent to McGuire AFB, it was a place for GI's to await a plane to Germany. I never went to Germany, but I did visit Fort Dix. It's a nice little fort in the New Jersey countryside. Lots of good restaurants nearby and you could catch a USO bus to New York city, or to Atlantic City, or Baltimore, or Philadelphia. That was a nice couple of weeks.

Fort Dix was also a place for people to protest. It's near the major metropolitan areas of the east coast, so it was a convenient target. One of the people who went there to protest was a fellow named Bill Ayers. Bill the Bomber. He intended to kill GIs at the enlisted club during a dance. He was going to bomb the place. Not content with killing GIs at a dance, he also targeted their wives and dates. Women. Bill wanted to kill women.



He was never convicted for those crimes. The cases were never prosecuted. That doesn't mean he didn't do the crime, just that he got away with it. He's on record as saying that he's sorry he didn't do more.

He lives in Obama's neighborhood. He and Obama were on boards together.

Frankly, I'd never serve on any board with Bill Ayers. If he lived around me, I'd snub him. If I saw him on the street, I'd talk to him like the scum that he is. As far as I'm concerned, he's a terrorist, just like bin Laden. As far as I'm concerned, he's a criminal, just like John Wayne Gacy. All the good he's done since then, all the education he's obtained, all the boards he's sat on, they're all for naught.

He's Obama's friend. Obama has a habit of throwing friends under the bus.

I'll never vote for someone who consorts with terrorists.

No comments: