Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Glow-bull Warmening

 I got my electric bill for August.  It's not the highest I've seen, but it is up there. We are coming out of the hottest August I can remember, and I thought it would be worse.  I get two electric bills, one for the house and one for the shop.  I slit them both with my pocketknife, then folded the knife and put it back in my pocket before I looked at the bills.  I didn't want to accidentally jab the knife into my throat.

It's bad, but it ain't as bad as I expected.  We had over 20 consecutive days of 100+ heat in August.  Temps like that strain the A/C system, strain human tempers, and strain the pocketbook.  August sucked, and I'm glad to see it go.

Speaking of heat, it seems that 1600 climate scientists recently signed on to a paper that should humiliate the Green Nude Eel proponents as well as the climate alarmists. One paragraph in particular.

Natural as well as anthropogenic factors cause warming. The geological archive reveals that Earth’s climate has varied as long as the planet has existed, with natural cold and warm phases. The Little Ice Age ended as recently as 1850. Therefore, it is no surprise that we now are experiencing a period of warming.

Precisely.  Climate change ain't nothing new, and we are simply living through one phase. There is nothing we can do about it, and anything we try is probably doomed to fail.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Of course, but the 'agenda' will cause the left to bury/deny that report, regardless.

Anonymous said...

The declaration is important in that it demonstrates 'the science' is anything but settled.