Friday, February 04, 2022

Why Spotify?

 I've been noticing (as opposed to following), the controvert about Spotify.   And, I admit that I am a bit amused.  I don't use Spotify.  I understand that it is some sort of streaming app, and that lots of folks put their stuff on it, but I don't use Twitter either.  I'm just an old dinosaur 

But, evidently Neil Young got butt-hurt about something Joe Rogan said, and because they both use the service, Neil Young decided to pull his music off Spotify.  Good for him.

I like Joe Rogan, and I listen to him on his YouTube clips.  He asks interesting questions to interesting people.  That is basically his shtick.  He has interesting conversations.

On the other hand, I had to google to remind myself who Neil Young is, and to remind myself that he used to be a member of a band I didn't follow.  I understand that he is a gifted guitarist, but I can't seem to recall any of his music.

This morning I asked for a list of folks who have also pulled their music fro Spotify as a result of Young's action.  Who?  I have never heard of these people.I may have heard their music at sme point in the past, but I cannot link their names to a piece, and I don't care enough to try.

6 comments:

Jonathan H said...

Spotify is being discussed because they handle about a third of online music streaming, way more than anyone else...

Steve Sky said...

Is it because he was upset at Joe Rogan, or because the Money said to:
https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2022/02/makes-you-think-doesnt-it.html

Titan Mk6B said...

One of them, Graham Nash, was Joni's squeeze for a while. At least until she and Stephen Stills had a fling. Stills and Nash were in the same band at the time.

In other words, another idiot liberal.

Judy said...

All I got to say to any entertainer is, I hired you to do just that, entertain. I didn't hire you to pontify on your politics. The old saw about opinions and assholes applies here, too.

BobF said...

I like Neil Young's music. I don't face, twit, or spot. But anyone who decides that because he is butt hurt and demands someone else suffer because of it is on my shit list.
Two lists: Neil join my list. PawPaw, please allow me to join your dino list.

kamas716 said...

I don't use Spotify. My FiL listens to 60s and 70s music on it. Before this I didn't know they hosted podcasts, and couldn't care less. I say let everyone choose to do their thing as long as it doesn't physically endanger someone else or their property. Having an opinion clearly doesn't cross that line for me.