Thursday, February 24, 2022

Fighting in Ukraine

 The BBC is reporting on the fighting in Ukraine.

About 10 civilians are believed to have been killed, including six in an air strike in Brovary near the capital Kyiv. A man was also killed in shelling outside the major eastern city of Kharkiv.

 A Ukrainian presidential adviser said that more than 40 soldiers had died and dozens more were wounded. Ukraine said it had killed 50 Russian troops and shot down six Russian aircraft, but this has not been verified.

MSN has some photos

I admit that I haven't been paying much attention to the conflict.  I have been more concerned about other things closer to home.  Things like gas prices, food prices, energy costs,  the effect that inflation is having on my retirement income, rising crime, and other outrages that this inept administration has foisted upon us.  It seems like Biden is more concerned about European orders than he is with the US border.

I am reminded that I predicted the timeline of the invasion in a post in late January.  I predicted that the invasion, if it occurred, would be after the Olympics and before the spring thaw.  Here we are in the last week of February.

No comments: