Tuesday, February 08, 2022

That Dawg

 I found something today that the dog is afraid of.

Our last dog was afraid of everything.  Water gurgling, thunder, gunfire, fireworks.  Loud mufflers,  the vacuum cleaner.  A broom.  He was a little scared dog.

This one hasn't shown any fear.  Not, gunfire, not thunder, nor fireworks.  He just yawns.  Until this morning.

He was with me in the shop when I started setting up the chop saw to cut some metal.  As soon as I  dropped the abrasive wheel onto the tubing, he lit out.  I cut a few pieces, then looked around for him.  He was under the work bench in a dark corner.  He was ready to go back into the house.

I don't know if it is the sound, or the sparks, or what, but he doesn't like that chop saw.

2 comments:

BobF said...

Perhaps he expects to be next on the table? After all, he has to have a guilty conscience about SOMEthing, being a youngster and all.

DocV said...

I bet steel on steel sets off a real high frequency squeal that only Dawg can hear. Like fingernails on a chalkboard.