Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Executive Salary

According to a Forbes search, Red Cross CEO Marsha Evans makes an annual salary of $651,957.

I've seen the salary reported at $450,000.

Just damn! I'm in the wrong business.

Does anyone working for a charity need a salary like that? Suppose the salary were cut down to a rational level, like an even 200,000 per year? How many MREs or gallons of diesel fuel could be purchased with the remainder?

I know that a lot of people here in Central Louisiana have had enough of the Red Cross. I personally will never contribute Another Dime to their coffers. Any other charity, like United Way, that contributes to them will also be off my list. The Red Cross isn't a charity I want to support, and a CEO salary like the one above is just another in a long lists of reasons why.

No comments: