Monday, October 03, 2005

Beer

Today I was summoned to the office, where I met the Director of Nursing that ran our shelter during the Rita unpleasantness. She handed me a heavy sack and said thanks. I was told not to open the sack until I cleared the building.

Inside I found a six-pack of beer I had never seen. Warsteiner.

I took it home and cooled it. Not cold, just cool. Then I opened one.

Damn! Smooth, full, with good body and very little aftertaste. Just Dammit! this is good beer.

I quit drinking domestic beer about five years ago, after someone had given me some good German beer. And this is good German beer. I may have to enjoy another at supper.

WHy can't Americans make beer like this? I'd buy a case a week of this stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Americans DO make beer like that...

Shop around for micro-breweries and find one you like...

Forget Miller, Bud, etc. They'll never get there because they don't want to get there...

Anonymous said...

Get yourself a six-pac of Abita Amber, which, by the way, is made right here in Louisiana. It's as good as any import.