Friday, October 19, 2018

Bulleit Bourbon

Today, running errands, I was a t the grocers and decided to add to my bourbon stash.  Now, we're not going to buy any rare or expensive bourbon at a discount grocery, but I did spy and interesting bottle on the top shelf.  Bulleit Bourbon, which bills itself as a "frontier whiskey:,


I put it in the liquor cabinet in the barn.  It might be an interesting sample to bring out the next time I am looking for something to amuse friends.    I don't buy expensive whiskeys, believing hat keeping my stock under $30.00 per bottle is a useful metric.  As you might see, we did get into the Jim Beam Double Oak last time they were over, and we find that to be an interesting bourbon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been dabbling in Bourbon myself, I'm generally a beer drinker and if I have whiskey it's either scotch or Irish. Bought a bottle of Jim Beam Black that's really nice (and $25 a bottle even in NJ). I admit that the commercials with Mila Kunis have some effect on me.....

Mark D

Well Seasoned Fool said...

4th generation Old Overholt rye drinker.

Pawpaw said...

Jim Bean Black is a lot better whiskey than many people give it credit for being. It's a nice, middle-of-the-road whiskey that is very consistent and easy on the palate. It has won awards, and is a better whiskey than you'd thing, based on its price point.

I keep a "transmission" of Jim Beam white label in the server. I like the cheaper hooch if I'm mixing it with cola. (A "transmission" is the big bottle with the handle. It looks like a transmission if you turn it on its side.

Pawpaw said...

Well Seasoned.--- Never heard of Old Overholt, but I"ll look around.