Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Rite of Passage

My daughter called me this morning.  It seems that she sashayed into Wal-Mart this morning and bought a gun.

"Dad, I bought my first gun this morning!"  She was all excited.

I call her Spuirrely-girl.  My father tagged her with that name, because when she was a toddler, she chattered like a squirrel.  And, no, this is not her first gun.  She's been shooting since she was old enough to handle a gun.  I know for a fact that she owns at least one that I gave to her.

Point being, she walked into a store, filled out a 4473, plunked down her own money and bought a firearm.  Passed the background check.  As it turns out, this particular firearm is a Cricket.  I've bought a couple of these things over the years, fine firearms for teaching kids to shoot, and she's got kids that need to learn how to shoot.

It's a great thing, passing firearms knowledge to the younger generation.

I'm proud of you, Squirrel!

No comments: