Thursday, October 15, 2009

Extreme Addiction

No, not me. Well, on second thought, maybe me. I'm addicted to hunting. My buddy, Craig Lewis has started a company that sells fishing and hunting supplies. He called me today talking about a new deer attractant called Extreme Addiction. It's put out by Extreme Wildlife Concepts out of West Monroe, LA.

Some attractants work in some areas and don't work in others. One popular attractant, Deer Cocaine, has some great adherants but I've never seen it work as advertised.

Something that does work on our lease is peanut butter. Regular old peanut butter. The way you use it is to buy a large jar of peanut butter in the plastic jar. Go out to your hunting area and take the lid off of the jar. Nail the lid to a tree, about waist high. Then, screw the peanut butter jar onto the lid. With your pocket-knife (you DO carry a pocket knife, right?) cut the bottom out of the plastic jar.

The deer love it. When the season is over, remove the jar and lid and nail in the tree. We don't want to ruin any bandsaw blades.

I bought a jug of the deer attractant and I told him I'd try it. We'll see. I hope it works, for his sake. If it works as advertised, I'll trumpet it here and he can use me as an unsolicited testimonial.

Which reminds me, I need to buy some peanut butter.

No comments: