Thursday, October 29, 2009

A bowl of the Red

I made a pot of chili this afternoon, out of a severe yearning for it. It's not quite cold enough outside for chili, but I want some. My chili is standard, American chili made with ground beef and tomato sauce. Nothing fancy. A couple of pounds of hamburg3er, a couple of cans of beans, some onion and bell pepper, and chili powder. That's about it.

Deer season starts this weekend. Actually, it's been started for several weeks. Archery season started several weeks ago and this past Saturday, the primitive weapon season opened. This Saturday starts the regular gun season and for the first time in several years, I'm truly ready for the opener. The stands are up, clean and serviceable, the feeders are out. All I actually need to do is get out there and sit down.

2 comments:

Dianne Bordelon said...

Yum, chili. I bet it was delicious.

Rich Jordan said...

Mmmm... Venison chili to come!