Monday, October 05, 2020

Monday Morning

 Monday morning, and the coffee is brewed.  Grandson Quinton has left for work, and Belle is puttering around getting ready to start her week.  I have a laundry-list of stuff to get done, but laundry isn't on the list.  We're hosting and invitational shoot this weekend, and we're in the final prep stages for that event.

President Trump has Covid.  It looks like he should get out of the hospital soon and continue his convalescence I haven't heard anything about the First Lady.  My prayers go with her.

First thing on the list today is to pay bills.  I'm still one of those old dinosaurs who writes out the checks,  and puts them in the mail.  My kids tell me that there are better ways to do that, simpler, ore convenient, but I still write checks.

Friday I was in the yard inspecting the water meter.  Down on my knees, and it wasn't until I stood up that I realized that I had put my right foot into a bed of fire ants.  Fire ants, for those of you unaware, are an invasive species that have plagued the South since the 1960s.  When disturbed, they attack with a vengeance, and their bites form little painful blisters  In the vast majority of cases, they are painful, uncomfortable and not life-threatening.  I'm okay, but they seemed to have attacked my right foot more than anywhere else.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boiling water poured down the ant hill will suffocate the queen

DaveS said...

Just one of the many reasons I could never live in the south. My hat is off to you folks that do and put up with pestilential heat and humidity,
tornados, hurricanes, snakes, fire ants and innumerable creepy, crawly venomous beasts.

I'll take grizzlies, cougars, wildfire, snow up to the truck windows and -40F temps.

So...what's the treatment for fire ant bites?

robert orians said...

No news at all about Melania has me worried . Silence is not good . The fireman prophet said that The Trump shall be greatly humbled . Hmmmmmm?