Thursday, October 01, 2020

 I've been playing around with liqueur recipes, and I think I've found an Irish Cream recipe that I like. I wanted something simple, with no exotic ingredients that could be found easily at almost any local grocers.  After searching through numerous YouTube recipes, I think I may have found one that suits me.

PawPaw's Irish Cream

Ingredients:
1 can (14 oz) Eagle brand condensed milk
14 oz half-and-half
1 T Hershey's chocolate syrup
1 T good Mexican vanilla extract
1 T good local honey
28 oz Jameson's Irish Whiskey

Prep:
In a bowl, mix it all together.  I started with the Eagle Brand and used that can to measure the half-and-half and the Jameson's.  Makes 58 oz, at 20% ABV.  It's a tiny bit boozier than store-bought (which is 17.5%) but you can adjust that if you'd like.

1 comment:

dogsledder said...

Thank you ! I will be trying this soon.