Thursday, May 21, 2020

Louisiana Covid Update - Day 66

The daily numbers are up, so let's look at them.

Total Covid-load number today is 36,504.  That's 1188 new cases, and I have to call bullshit.  Yesterday, I reported about 285,000 tests and today that number has umped to over 305,000.  That is 20K tests in one day.  It looks like a lab, or two is playing screw-around with the numbers.
Fatalities are at 2506, just 21 more than yesterday. 
The hospital census continues to decline, today we are at 884.  Of those, 107 are on vents.

My home parish of Rapides is reporting 591 cases with 16 deaths.

When all this started, Belle was scheduled for cataract surgery.  It was cancelled.  This morning we got it done.  She's home in her own bed, resting peacefully and I am providing nursing care.  I'm trying to keep an ear cocked toward the bedroom.  I'll stay close today and take her to her follow-up tomorrow morning.

No comments: