Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Burn Pile

Everyone in the country has a burn pile.  Limbs, scrap lumber, odd pieces of cardboard, things that you don't want to have the trash man haul away, but definitely needs to go away.  Mine was getting pretty large, because I had't burned in a year or so.

This morning was fairly cool, the wind was calm, and the ground was wet, a perfect time to burn.  So, I went out and lit it up.  One light from a butane lighter on a bag that once contained Sacrete, and it went up just like it was waiting to go up.  I got the rake, and a lawn chair, and watched it burn. 

The pile had grown over the past year and was fairly close to a yaupon bush.  Truth be known, it wouldn't have bothered me if the bush had caught fire.  I detest yaupon, much like ranches out west detest mesquite.  It'sa nuisance plant, but the darned thing wouldn't burn.  I did hare-lip it pretty bad, and maybe it will die.

Got cleaned up after the fire and went in to shower.  I needed to run to town, and while I was there, did a little retail politic-ing.   Then, came home and cut up that pork roast that we had for Sunday.  Chopped it, added BBZ sauce and other goodies and concerted it into sandwich barbecue.  Zach got home from school and made a sammich.

Wednesday was an easy day.  Tomorrow, we'll try to get soething done.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

I really miss living in the country... sigh

Anonymous said...

Man, use your spell check or slow down or type before happy hour. You're running for office!