Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Retail Politics

For the past three days, I've been doing retail politics.  When I talk to people in the stores, I tell them that I'm running for Sheriff.  I have some postcards wit my campaign sign on one side and my platform on the other.  I give them a card nd if they want to talk, we talk.  If not, they get the card anyway.  If they decline, they decline.

I'm trying to break the code on Facebook ads.  The ads are cheap, and you ca target your audience.  I don't necessarily need the folks inn WHerever, KS to see my ads, but I sincerely want the folks in Rapides Parish, LA to see my ads.  Facebook and I are to the point where they are sending me a letter through snail mail with a verification code.  As soon as I get the letter, I'll sit down and finish filling out their online stuff.

I happened to stop by  local liquor shop this morning and talked with the owner.  One of his girls mentioned that she had never seen anyone campaign in a liquor store.   Retail sales of liquor are brand-new to this part of the parish and from all indications, he's doing a land-office business.  He's the kind of guy I want on my side.  And he has several cards o the cash register.  I"ll make sure that he keeps them stocked.

One lady, in a hardware store, told me that I could put a sign in her yard.  She lives on a prominent curve, and lots of folks would see it.  I ordered signs yesterday.  They should be ready for pickup next week.

3 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

1959 my father ran for sheriff. County had one large town and four small incorporated towns. He campaigned out in the boondocks knowing the big town (county seat) was controlled by the "ins". He lost by fewer than 30 votes.

Good luck with your campaign!

raven said...

Tell them you will eliminate civil asset forfeiture.
and hire the geekiest hacker sleuth you can find to identify , arrest and charge junk phone callers.
Oh, and declare your parish a California free zone, no CARB approved gas cans allowed.

Old NFO said...

Good luck sir! :-)