Saturday, June 30, 2018

Project Saturday

Elder son came over today, along with son-in-;aw/  They gave me yeoman's service today for a solid eight hours.  If you asked them, they'd tell you that we were "bowed up like cut-worms: all day.  But, the fresh water is in the shop, the drains are installed and the sewer is almost hooked up.  I say "mostly, because something happened today that we've never seen. The saws-all broke in half.  Yeah, in half.


Elder son was cutting sewer pipe, and it just went "clunk" and the front half of the machine fell in the hole.  He was left holding the handle and the cord.  It's a cheap Harbor Freight device that I've had for fifteen years, and I"m sure I've gotten my moneys worth.  But we've never seen that happen.

But, we have water in the building.


The sink is installed, along with one of the stainless steel prep tables, and the water heater.


The vanity is installed in the bathroom.  Tomorrow after church, we'll finish installing the sewer, the set the toilet. 


We need the saws-all to cut out the old L fitting so that we can install the new sweeping Tee.  Then I can start putting dirt back in the holes.

Who ever heard of a saws-all braking completely in half?

2 comments:

DaveS said...

That got a chuckle out of me, although I'm sure that it wasn't quite so funny in the middle of the job. If it was a Harbor Freight Sawzall you definitely got your money's worth. I've got a lot of trigger time with lots of tools, but have NEVER seen anything quite like that. No question - that saw is DRT (DeadRightThere). Project is looking good. Nice to have good family to help out with big projects like this one.

Old NFO said...

Yep, that one died a hard death... :-) Y'all are doing an amazing job!