Monday, May 14, 2018

Total NewSpeak

Just about the time I think that we're getting somewhere, the the academics show me that in many regards, we're living in a fantasy land.  To wit, from PJMedia:
The City University of New York (CUNY)-Guttman recently published a new guide for students that adds “zim,” “ver,” and “emself” to the list of acceptable “gender-inclusive” pronouns that can be used.
The “Gender Identity and Pronouns” guide tells students that the “dichotomy of ‘he and she’ in English does not leave room for other gender identities,” and to fix this, the guide offers a list of alternatives students may use instead. 
Academics (and I assume that CUBY has several) should know that  we have two genders, male and female.  If t hey are confused about the distinction, they should stand naked in front of a mirror and examine their genitalia.  if you have boy parts, you are male.  If you have female parts, you are female.  It is really that simple.

People can identify however they would like to identify, but they shouldn't he offended when I refuse to participate in their particular fantasy.  It is un-scientific, it is unreasonable, and largely, it's laughable.

3 comments:

David aka True Blue Sam said...

They left out You'uns and Momanem. As in "I will see you'uns next week; I am going home this weekend to see Momanem!" (Mom and any other family there.) I also don't see y'all in their list. I don't trust 'em.

Ryan said...

I sexually identify as an Apache attack helicopter

Jonathan H said...

I saw a graphic recently with Male and Female circles and labeled genders and all the rest of this modern nonsense labeled "mental disorders"