Thursday, May 24, 2018

TISAS

The national news is boring me these days, so we're not going to talk about that.

Instead, I saw a short video from Brownell's where they talk about a pistol they saw at SHOT show, the Tisas Regent, which is apparently a clone of the Browning Hi-Power.  I admit that I've never used, carried, or shot a Hi-Power, but those guys I know that have used them say that they are very nice.  I read somewhere, years ago, that the Hi-Power was John Borwning's natural evolution of the 1911.

I may soon be in the market for another semi-auto, and this little piece may be just the ticket.  It has Brownell's seal of approval.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes there are surplus BHPs for sale.
AIM Surplus had some a while back. So did
Gander Mountain. I picked one up. It's worn
in spots but has a good bore and shoots well.
Also a bargain at that time.

Anonymous said...

Some years back, they imported some Argentinian FMs which are JB clones of this same gun. I have one - its very good, but no where as nicely finished as a Browning. At 1/3 the price, no surprise - but the performance, no complaints at all of it.

Never seen that Tisas before - worth looking at. Thanks for the post about it.