Friday, May 25, 2018

Take A Knee

I see that the NFL is revising it's "take a knee" policy, and the usual suspects are outraged.  Hot Air has a good round-up, and the whiney twits are coming out in force.  I say "twits" because they're twitter-ing.

It's racist, and it's all about the First Amendment.


Dude!  Spare me.  These overpaid employees can say whatever they want to say when they're off the clock, but the First Amendment doesn't has limits.  I know, for example, that I criticize my boss at my own peril.  And, I know that the things I say can rear up and bite me on the butt.

Of course, none of this really matters to me on a personal level.  I quit watching the NFL several years ago for reasons just such as the kneeling kerfluffle.  Personally, if someone won't stand for the American flag, I don't have much respect for them anyway. 

No comments: