Friday, October 09, 2020

Prep Contunues

 I learned in the Army that right up until contact, there is always something else you can do to improve your position.  Dig your hole a little deeper, find some overhead cover, check your frontal obstacles.  Keep working right up until the contact arrives to make your position as strong as possible.

Hurricane prep is the same way.  I've been walking around this morning seeing what I've forgotten or neglected.  

I was checking data ad found a map of the storms that have hit Louisiana this year.


TS Christobal came though in early June.

TS  Marco came ashore in August as a weakened tropical system.  Basically, it fizzled.

Hurricane Laura came ashore several days later causing major damage across western Louisiana.

TS Beta came across Louisiana as a weakened tropical storm. Honestly, I don't remember much about it  It was a rainstorm.  We're used to rain in Louisiana.

Now, it's Hurricane Delta.  We're watching it like a hawk watches a field mouse.

Here we go again.  There are two schools of thought on this storm.  One school is panicking, the other school is wary, but hopes it won't be so bad.  

Right now, I'm peckish.  It's time for some biscuits and gray.

1 comment:

robert orians said...

I have to admit that biscuits and gravy help any situation . The wife says if I ever have to go to a hospital the I V will be sausage gravy .