Thursday, October 22, 2020

Thursday Thoughts

 Judge Amy Coney Barrett's nomination passed another hurdle this morning when the Senate Judiciary Committee voted to pass her to the Senate floor for the final vote.  Senate Democrats, in a childish snit, refused to participate.  Judge Barrett will get her vote early next week.

The Louisiana legislature continues to play silly games over the Covid response in the State of Louisiana.  T he Governor posted earlier today that the state has the lowest positivity rate of any in the South, but he maintains that we need to stay under his Emergency Order thumb.  By my count, we have now been under emergency orders for seven months.  

It's interesting to see how the maks mandate is working.  If you go to a box store, the mandate is in full throat, but if you go toa  smaller retail, they may, or may not, care about the mandate.  The churches have for all practical purposes, dropped the mask requirement.

Everyone I know has Covid-fatigue.  We're tired of this crap.  It looks like a never-ending saga, yet the Legislature here i Louisiana could end it tomorrow  Yet, they refuse to do so.

2 comments:

Jonathan H said...

Thanks for the update on how things are where you are.

Almost every store has signs up about requiring masks, except for a few small ones.
But very few businesses say anything if you don't wear a mask. Even my doctor's office has stopped asking people to wear a mask.
some of the big stores, like Lowe's, still have signs up requesting masks but they don't say that they are required.

I can't wear a mask for medical reasons. I can wear a face shield but rarely do. My wife made one that fits nicely in a pocket.
I have had a couple of unpleasant encounters with rude people insisting I have to wear a mask, so I left and took my business elsewhere.

I was in a local store recently that had a sign that the governor requires face coverings, but the store does not have the authority to require anyone, including employees, to wear them.

Does your state have any penalties for not wearing masks? The states I've been in don't seem to.

Old NFO said...

Yep, everybody is tired of it... sigh