Sunday, October 11, 2020

Pulled Pork

 Yesterday, I decided to cook a pork butt and we ate it today.  My recipe for pulled pork is just about as easy as it gets.

Late in the afternoon, drop a boston butt into a slow cooker.  Season with your favorite seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's), pour a beer over it, and set the slow cooker to low.  Ignore it all night.  When you get up the next morning, drain the grease, pull the bone, which should come out clean, and tear the meat with forks. Take out the big pieces of fat and discard. Use your favorite barbecue sauce, and put it all back in the slow cooker fill lunch. We prefer Sweet  Baby Ray's sauce, but use what suits you.  After putting the shredded meat in the sauce, I normally put it all back int he slow cooker until the guests arrive.

A five-pound butt will cook down and feed seven adults, but your mileage may vary.

today, we served it as a sandwich, with chips and Cole slaw.  After lunch, I made the ladies a dessert drink I call the Colorado Bulldog.  In a tulip glass, add ice, then one ounce of Irish Cream, one ounce of coffee liqueur, and one ounce of cola.  Fill with milk and stir.  Serve with a straw.

I've been playing with liqueur recipes.  I have Irish Cream nailed, but the coffee liqueur needs a little work.  It's ain't bad, but it ain't right, either.

No comments: