Thursday, November 01, 2018

Accidental Holiday

I awoke this morning to find that my cell phone had exploded (figuratively) i the pre-dawn hours.  We had a run of severe weather last night, thankfully after all the children were home from Halloween.  Evidently we had high winds and at least one tornado.  Roads are closed and power outages have prompted the powers-that-be to close schools today.

I've been in touch with my minions and it seems that everyone is okay.  The electricity is working at my acre, and we're okay, but the day stretches before me.  While Belle is at work, I'll do some laundry, do some general housework, and take the opportunity to do some of those things at leisure that we often have to wedge between workaday hours.

It's going to be a good day to stay in jeans and sneakers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We were blessed but several of our neighbors lost their homes