Monday, November 26, 2018

Climate Change

For those of you worried about climate change, the American Thinker offers an historical perspective.  I  recall, for instance, when the largest threat was glaciation.  We were all going to e ground to dust by ice.
1975 – “The threat of a new ice age must now stand alongside nuclear war as a likely source of wholesale death and misery for mankind” Nigel Calder, editor, New Scientist magazine, in an article in International Wildlife Magazine
1976 – “Even U.S. farms may be hit by cooling trend” – U.S. News and World Report
Just this past week, I have run both the heater and the AC at alternate times.  Weather changes, that's what it does.  I'm not a denier, I'm just old enough to remember when they were predicting the exact opposite, based on the same "settled" science.


1 comment:

pigpen51 said...

I remember it as well. I was in school, and there was even talk about taking coal dust or soot, and seeding it over the Arctic ice, to help to warm up the earth.
I guess it depends on your point of view. But as always, follow the money.