Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Insty Suspends Twitter

If you're surfing around, you'll probably notice some stories about Twitter, the social media giant so beloved of our President, who has taken it on itself to block conservative writers.  Instapundit noticed and deleted his account.  Even Politico has noticed.

Twitter has been around since 2006, and was adopted by lots of folks.  It grew over the years and became huge in the political sphere.  Like many of the tech giants, it employs folks who tend to the liberal side of the argument, and over the past year or so, folks have noticed that it tends to trend liberal.  But recently, it started giving conservatives problems.

If Twitter wants to be a liberal echo-chamber, that's fine with me.  As a free-market libertarian, I have no problem with them blocking whomever they want to block, to do business with whomever they want to do business with.  But, that ax swings both ways. 

I never used it, myself.I found the format to be generally unfriendly.  But, if people like it, that's okay with me too.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Never used it, have no plans to EVER use it.