Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Not a Serf

I am not here as a serf or vassal. I am not begging my lords for mercy." 
 "I’m a born free American woman, wife, mother and citizen. And I’m telling my government that you’ve forgotten your place. It’s not your responsibility to look out for my well-being, and to monitor my speech. It’s not your right to assert an agenda. Your post, the post that you occupy, exists to preserve American liberty. You’ve sworn to perform that duty. And you have faltered."

Becky Gerritson of the Wetumpka Tea Party, testifying today before the House Ways and Means Committee about abuse by the IRS.



Hat tip to Ann Althouse.

2 comments:

Dave O. said...

Hot damn. Any one of those 'congressmen' should be embarrassed by the fact that she's right.

Old NFO said...

That was well done, and VERY honest!!!