Wednesday, June 12, 2013

New Holster

You may remember that I recently found a Colt Pocket Positive for Milady.  She wanted a .32, and there are a dearth of them locally, so I had to do some hunting.  One turned up in the local pawn shop and I did some bargaining, and brought it home.

Milady doesn't carry, although she could if she wanted to.  What she wanted was a holster that fit the door pocket of her SUV.  I gave my leatherworking younger son the mission, and he took some measurements, along with the little pistol, and told me he'd come up with something.  Here is the "something" he came up with.

That holster on the right is the custom creation.  As he explains at his blog.
Last is a holster for my step-mom. She has a lovely little colt .32 that she keeps in the door pocket of her truck. This holster, while admittedly weird looking, will stand upright in the door pocket, and keep the revolver's grip pointing up, making it easier to grab.
I think that's just the cat's meow.  Now, Milady can carry her .32 in the car, and maybe, just maybe, I'll get my Airweight back.   If she decides to carry the little pistol, I've got a holster on order from El Paso Saddlery.  You can't go down to the local holster shop and get a belt holster to fit a Pocket Positive, so I ordered her something nice.  She's worth it.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

LOL, get a pistol back? You might as well just go buy another one... :-)

Rivrdog said...

Ummm...what about that door holster showing off the revolver every time she opens the door?