Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hot

I've been outside working in the yard, and the summer heat is upon us.  Accuweather tells me that it's only 77F, but with 80% humidity, it feels like 97, and the mercury threatens to climb 20 degrees today on both scales. 

In short, it's hotter than Hades out there.  This is the time of year when you get your outside work done early, then retreat into the shade until the sun starts to sink in the west.

Today at noon, though, I'll be heading to the range.  PawPaw needs a tune-up with his pistols because in another 10 days, I'll be at the range playing Show-and-Tell for our annual qualifications.  I haven't fired my service pistol in several months, and I haven't fired my J-frame in almost a year.  PawPaw needs a little practice and I'll get that this afternoon.  Don't worry, I'll bring lots of water.

The yard is starting to look good, though, even if the flower beds need a ton of work.  Plenty of time for that next week. 

No comments: