Saturday, June 08, 2013

Lying

After that post earlier this morning about the new theme song of the Obama administration, I went to another song that I've loved for years that deals with heartbreak.  Reba McEntire's You Lie.



I notice that both songs, the Fleetwood Mac and the McEntire, are both set in barnyards.  I also notice that some are comparing the Prism program to George Orwell's 1984.  Yet, I also note that Orwell wrote Animal Farm, which is set in a barnyard.  There's a metaphor here, and I'm searching for it.

I've got errands to run.  Y'all enjoy the music and see if you can help me find that metaphor.

4 comments:

Rivrdog said...

It must all have something to do with what ya find on yore boots after you've worked in that barnyard, PawPaw....

Anonymous said...

2nd that Rivrdog!

Steve

Old NFO said...

Agree with Rivrdog!

Gerry N. said...

Anyone able to stand upright who didn't know Teh Lightbringer was lying through his shiny whites the first time they heard him speak is either stupider than a hemlock stump or congenitally unable to pay attention or both. As a matter of simple fact any Elected National Demokrat Worker Party member is a congenital liar, ANY.